Old
05-22-2008, 12:48 PM
compile
Give me Scotch!

vCash: 483
Send a message via Skype™ to compile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renholder View Post
Some would argue he had been rushed to the NHL a little too early and his fundamentals weren't up to par with NHL standards. What I do see is a big body with soft hands and great hockey sense without the skating tools necessary to be really effective offensive player.

Perhaps Tender will follow the development curve similar to that of A. Kost. in the AHL. It took him 2 seasons to acclimatize himself to the professional game and basically re-learn the defensive side of hockey. His third season he exploaded offensively and got called up at the end of the year.

Latendress is having to learn fundamentals, learn the defensive game and is being asked to produce offensively at a higher level of play than Ak46. That's a lot to ask for a very young player here.

In his third full season , I expect him to start producing a little more... he might even surprise a lot and secure himself a top 6 position and by his fourth year be one of the key contributers offensively.

Thoughts?
Lats is a typical powerforward. They don't break out or become superstars until later in their career. He's done well for not having a ton of ice time. He said he's working on his skating in the off-season so that should help him a ton.