View Single Post
Old
05-22-2008, 01:36 PM
bcrt2000

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkuMikku View Post
Boy do we North Americans have blind pride.

I hate to break this news, but there are other places in the world besides The United States and Canada.

The Euro dollar is KILLING the US dollar.

While countries in Europe are making huge strides forward, the US is taking strides backward.

And remember this, they have done it very quickly, a lot of counties there were decimated by two world wars.

Why is it so hard to believe that a league can compete with the NHL?

The simple fact that some of the more well known teams in the SEL have shown interest, teams in Australia, and more have shown interest, and the fact that they have a tournament that pits the best teams from all of Europe is another positive thing.

I love the idea, personally, and i hope it flourishes.

IMO a world-wide Elite league would be the best possible thing. That included teams from North America as well.

The only obstacle that needs to be beaten is pride. Which is the problem in all of the worlds serious issues. Too many people thinking they are better then everyone else. We are all on this planet together, we are all the same. We need to act like it and have a better brotherhood.

If the NHL REALLY wanted what is best for the SPORT, they would back the KHL.

Could you imagine a world league that competes for the Stanley Cup.

The Memorial Cup is handed to one of 60 teams in Canadian Juniors.

Why not a world league with about that many teams?
The NHL owners would never go for it unless they controlled the KHL and were able to make more money off having a European league.

I know its probably the way to go to grow Pro Hockey, but the NHL is already concerned with alienating their US viewers, and this may do it even more. Americans could care less about international leagues (see soccer).

bcrt2000 is offline   Reply With Quote