View Single Post
Old
05-23-2008, 11:35 AM
DontStepanMe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
the problem was that no one else was any good and couldnt score without jagr
It's not that there wasn't anybody else good. We just needed another good center for the second line. And a PP qb.

Quote:
also, that team over-achieved, by a lot, and once jagr leaves, there arent many players available who are good at E-W
100% correct.... that's why I said we need to play NS w/ our team. i would just rather to see us get EW players and go that direction... sadly it won't happen.

Quote:
look at the players who are available in the draft, most players play N-S now and due to the increased speed of the new NHL, it makes sense that without any interference in the neutral zone, the transition game is even more important....if a team can jump on another team quickly(N-S) then they create more chances, but the team speed must be better(thats where shanny and jagr really hurt last year).....
A good EW team can do the exact same thing. Look at Pitt and Detroit. They are fast but both rely on good passing and puck possesion. But they also have great transition games. It's almost like they are a hybrid. they can play the NS game (well too) if need be but are much better at the EW game.

Quote:
gomez and drury were brought in to create thaqt type of game and they did, but unfortunatley renney was more worried about the defencive end so all of the forwards were down to low to create any sort of quick transition which then lets the other teams defence stay in the zone longer to try and hold the puck in which creates more chances for them.....
agree completely. But I also think drury is more suited for wing than center. Bug again i prefer playmaking centers.

Quote:
a team like carolina is who i see the rangers becoming something like....they have the speedy guys who can transition quickly and they have the defnece to play it with the great passers they have onthe back-end...
we definately don't have great passers. In fact we probably have the worst passing team in history.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote