View Single Post
Old
05-23-2008, 02:16 PM
PanthersRule96

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
no idea but i'm sure the medal games would be ridiculous. i will look into it sometime in the next year, though. i was in atlanta for the olympics there and it's sort of a circus but the lead up for the hockey tournament in vancouver will be unreal, i bet and vancouver's a beautiful city - that'd be a nice vacation.
Speaking of 2010, what current panthers would you predict to be on their respective olympic rosters? I'd think Bouw would be a contender to get a spot on team Canada, but who knows if he'll be playing for us then. I don't think Horton will make it but who knows. They have enough forward depth to do well without him, and they're already probably upset with him for spurning them last spring when he didn't have a contract. Olesz will probaby be on the Czech team as a checking forward at least. Vokoun will be a Czech goalie probably. Booth has a shot to make the US team depending on how he progresses. I'm not totally sold on his ability to put up points like he did this past year, but hopefully he solidifies his goal scoring ability. Weiss is a great player but won't make team Canada. Frolik has a shot for the Czechs if he develops as planned. He was a really highly regarded player by the olympic program, so if he proves to be competent he should get a spot. I really hope no one says Shawn Matthias though with Canada as deep as they are, honestly, because as awesome as he's playing and as excited as I am about him..........no. If somehow he lights the world on fire the next 2 years for us then he could make it though, but with those young guys we'll have to wait and see.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote