Old
05-23-2008, 03:48 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
Speaking of 2010, what current panthers would you predict to be on their respective olympic rosters? I'd think Bouw would be a contender to get a spot on team Canada, but who knows if he'll be playing for us then. I don't think Horton will make it but who knows. They have enough forward depth to do well without him, and they're already probably upset with him for spurning them last spring when he didn't have a contract. Olesz will probaby be on the Czech team as a checking forward at least. Vokoun will be a Czech goalie probably. Booth has a shot to make the US team depending on how he progresses. I'm not totally sold on his ability to put up points like he did this past year, but hopefully he solidifies his goal scoring ability. Weiss is a great player but won't make team Canada. Frolik has a shot for the Czechs if he develops as planned. He was a really highly regarded player by the olympic program, so if he proves to be competent he should get a spot. I really hope no one says Shawn Matthias though with Canada as deep as they are, honestly, because as awesome as he's playing and as excited as I am about him..........no. If somehow he lights the world on fire the next 2 years for us then he could make it though, but with those young guys we'll have to wait and see.
Bouw will make it, and the rest you are right on probably. Matthias no. Olesz yes. Vokoun yes. Maybe Frolik as well. Horton might make it, but I feel as well that him not going last season to the worlds really burned some bridges with TC. But on the other hand, Dion did the same to them this season, yet he is a lock for them in 2010.

IF there is any way anyone is going to go to the Olympics up there, let me know. I would love to catch one of the games up there. Whether it be round robin games, or medals. Keep me informed.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote