View Single Post
Old
05-23-2008, 05:04 PM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
IMHO, it's sink or swim time for these three. They've done everything the organization has asked of them and shown significant improvement over their two years in Hartford.
I do not think that Korpikoski has done everything. For a 16th overall pick, I expect more offensive production. And the difference between him spending anothe year in Hartford refining that part of his game as opposed to playing with the Rangers may be the difference in being a 2nd line player at the NHL level and a playe like Sjostrom, a tweener between the 3rd and 4th lines. Ditto in terms of Byers, who can not only refine the game more but also use the year to get bigger. That could be the difference between being a 4th line player and a 3rd line player. Same goes for Moore. The organization is flushed with bottom-6 forwards. The Future Plumbers of the NHL is full. Let's see if we can develop some top-6 forwards.

Don't get me wrong. If these players come to camp and show more than the incumbents, then by all means let them make the team. However, in the case of 4th liners, let those slots be filled by those who can play for 5 minutes and create instant energy on the ice. Niether or those 3 players is going to score more meaningfull points while Betts and Orr play on the same line.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote