View Single Post
Old
05-24-2008, 05:06 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
I don't see Betts being moved. He is not costing us a lot and he plays vital functions for the team. Jessiman improved last season but he is behind in his development to all of Byers, Korpikoski and Moore. I don't think it will have anything to do with age--it will be who comes to camp and makes the best impression. I wouldn't discount Byers. The Rangers need more aggression. After a lacklustre junior career he has had two pretty good pro seasons. Moore seems to be the most rounded but maybe the least exciting--kind of Jason Ward-like. Korpikoski has speed and is an all situation player. All of them would improve our size at wing. That's a good thing. Returning to Jessiman he had skating issues in the last training camp. He was awkward in close combat situations. He wasn't winning pucks. He was being maneuvered off balance. He went down and had a pretty good season but I would think if anyone of the above needs to show he can consistently put up offense he's the one. The other three and can be slotted in as 3rd and 4th liners but he's not a penalty killer--his job description isn't very diversified. He only makes our team as a version of Mike Rupp.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote