View Single Post
Old
05-25-2004, 06:22 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

vCash: 500
i hate poti but i think its shortsighted to just give him away. the fact is the rangers have not used poti the right way since he came here. there is no way poti should have been playing with leetch and vice versa. poti needs a stay at home defenseman to sit back and cover up his screw ups. poti had a terrible year but was hurt for some of the time. lets remember one thing about poti and his contract it was given to him in arbitration. there was a little market last offseason for him and it made no sense to trade him coming off an all star season. jeez he lead the team in points. if lundmark deserves another shot and he hasn't done anything as a ranger poti deserves a shot. i think the anti-poti stance from most fans is because of the guy the rangers traded for him. getting a young offensive defenseman for an often injured forward who doesn't perform in the second half of any season he has been a pro is a risky trade that sather had to make. giving poti away would be stupid. sometimes the best deals you make are the ones you don't make.

btw hlavac sucks and has no business being on this team next season. he should just go play in europe.