View Single Post
Old
05-25-2008, 05:39 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

vCash: 500
I'm not sure Boedker will be available at 9. A team needing a forward may take him earlier than expected.

Any chance Poile might get aggressive and trade up for Boedker?

Here's what I'm thinking:

9th (or above)- Boedker, Wilson, Schenn, Hodgson
15th (if we don't trade up)- Del Zotto, Tedenby, Myers, Colborne (I've seen mock drafts with Colborne going late-1st to mid-2nd round, so this could be considered a legitimate reach)
31st- Jared Staal (I would do it, but Poile isn't big on risk so he may pass), otherwise grab Justin Jokinen here
45th- Danic Paquette (Two words: Brandon Dubinsky.)
74th- Toni Ritter (Probably a good projection for him- he's a pretty solid powerforward with a lot of size and potential and really fits this team's needs. Especially viable if we get less-than-physical guys like Boedker and Tedenby with our first two picks.)
104th- Mark Borowiecki (I'm not really sure where he would fall, this is just a wholly uneducated guess. But still, a good physical defenseman that can be had with a later round pick. Not a shoe-in like Schenn or Myers, but we need to grab forwards early and the draft is deep on defensemen, so we can dig up a guy like this who plays the style we need later on.)
134th- Edgars Ulescenko (Has been training with Vlad Ruzicka in the Czech Republic and is fluent in English. Will probably play juniors here and has a knack for turning defense into offense, which is exactly what Trotz wants in his forwards. Good forechecker for his size, too.)
164th- Euh... um... Kyle Beach?

That gives you, ideally, 5-6 forwards, 1-2 defensemen and something else at 164th.

If Boedker or Wilson is available and Poile drafts a defenseman...

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote