View Single Post
Old
05-25-2008, 03:36 PM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwey View Post
Well, if Meehan lands an excellent deal for Andrei in either Europe or another NHL team, I for one won't be congratulating Meehan on a job well done.

The fact is, the more an agent gets for his client the more he puts in his own pocket, so there other factors involved in trying to break the bank. Marty Brodeur has never used an agent to my knowledge & does quite well. Ovechkin give Meehan the boot last year as well before signing his new contract, if I remember correctly, he was dragging his feet in getting a deal done. It's looks like OV did quite well also.

BTW, agents are a necessary evil. Don Meehan is the type of agent who could care less about helping a team manage it's assets, always looking to break the bank.
Meehan being his agent is the best news out of all this. He's known as being a pretty honest guy and is said to have a good relationship with Gainey. He and Gainey worked well together on the Markov deal and there's no reason to think they can't again. There are agents that GM's cringe when they hear trheir name, but I don't believe Meehan's one of them.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote