View Single Post
Old
05-25-2008, 05:40 PM
...is a goober

vCash: 500
I think I know what you are talking about. I have narrow, flat feet and my right skate always feels loose and unstable. If I try to tighten it up I can't move my ankle enough so I just live with it.

I don't know if there is a particular skate that will work better than any others for this, I would assume whatever you are comfortable in. I use Graf 704s. What you could look into though is having the blade holder adjusted to compensate for your over pronation. i know with me, when I stand comfortably in skates my ankles roll in and my toes point out. But by having the holders moved and wedges put under one side or another, even though the boot is wonky, your blade will be going in the right direction. This helped me immensely and it felt like I could skate comfortably for the first time ever. I don't know if you will have the same level of response, but it should help.

I don't know about what kind of hockey shops you have where ever you are, but I had two pairs done, one in a specialty place in Edmonton, and another standard, but very good place in Kelowna.

...is a goober is offline   Reply With Quote