Thread: Cory Murphy....
View Single Post
Old
05-25-2008, 11:28 PM
PanthersRule96

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by anybodybutcalgary View Post
how many points do you think murphy is good for if Bouwmeester is not resigned? is 45-50 as PP QB out of the question.
I don't think Bouwmeester has much of an impact on how many points Murphy gets, regardless of him being signed or not........

In terms of Murphy though, it all depends on how he recovers from that weird shoulder injury he had, and whether or not he can get back to the form he showed the first few games for us. He's a quick passer and good at moving the puck across the ice in the offensive zone. His slapshot is pretty hard but his wristshot leaves much to be desired. He doesn't shoot enough to make himself effective, but he also was a rookie to the NHL, so it depends. If he can adjust to the NHL, then he could possibly put up 30 points as a PPQB, but he also has severe defensive shortcomings. He can be tossed around like a ragdoll in the defensive end as he's so tiny. Bigger forwards can do whatever they want when he's out there. All in all, if he can get his offensive game together again, he could possibly produce, but I'm not that optimistic that he'll be a contributing member of our team this coming season. Not that Johnasson has shown much offensively, but I'd almost take my chances between Murphy and Johansson and see if Magnus can play as well as he did in the World Champs, as he's superior to Murphy defensively.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote