View Single Post
Old
05-25-2008, 11:54 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
During the 07 WC, you could see the difference in the games of the 2 Staal's. Jordan pays attn. to detail, is a coach's player, does all the little trhing you want done, never gets you in trouble.

Eric can be frustarting for periods of time but is very explosive, and can put up numbers in a hurry after a slow start or a down period.

Now, I factor in that I was watching an 18 year old, but I didn't see the offensive upside that his brother has. I may prefer him, there are times that a 70 point guy is more valuable than a 90 point guy, but I don't think the verdict is in yet as to what kind of offensive player he'll become.

If he's a beast, but a 65-75 poiunt guy, he may never be at a salary range that would preclude Pitt. from keeping him.
He still scored 29G in his first season, but i wasn't insinuating that he'll have the offensive punch his bro has. You're right its too early to tell, but i dont think he will ever reach a 90-100pt season.

And yes, like you said, I don't think he'll command that much money but that also depends on the length of his contract. This also depends whether or not they sign Hossa. If they do, then i don't see how they can have Crosby-Hossa-Malkin commanding close to 25M by themselves with Staal close to 4M imo. Doesn't leave much space after, especially with Fleury, Gonchar and Whitney.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote