View Single Post
Old
05-26-2008, 02:33 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
That will happen. If he has Myers rated 7.0000000000000000001 and the others are only 7's
Get over yourself already...there are solid forward prospects available at all four of our top picks. I anticipate we will see at least one of these picks used on a defenseman and that is perfectly fine with me, however unless it is Luke Schenn available at 9 or Myers available at 15, then I don't really suspect we will use either of our two first rounders on defensemen.

On another note, if we get Colin Wilson with the 9th overall selection...I'd like to see us snag Jimmy Hayes with the 31st pick. Hayes was once considered one of the top players available in this draft while he was playing on a line with Wilson centering and JVR (Philadelphia 1st rounder last summer) on the other wing. Wilson and JVR both moved onto college this past season and unfortunately Hayes stuck around the NTDP one year too long and that stunted his development. Next season Hayes is committed to BU where one has to presume he will be reunited on a line with Wilson (JVR is at UNH) and hopefully if a team snagged both of them you might have drafted yourself 2/3's of a solid two-way scoring line with size and scoring punch to spare.

I'd also love to pickup Justin Jokinen from Cloquet (USHS - MN). He is playing for Minnesota-Mankato (NCAA) next season and is a developing young forward that has demonstrated the ability to play both as a power forward and as a skill forward with size. Needs to fill out his frame and continue to prove himself physically against older competition, but I think he will be a solid NHL contributor in 3-4 years as a scoring line winger.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote