View Single Post
Old
05-26-2008, 03:58 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
While I agree, I think the opportunity to draft Schenn (which would somewhat offset the loss of Suter and give us the physical defenseman we need) or Filatov (*salivates over prospect of drafting Filatov AND Boedker*) is hard to ignore. Plus we get Hunter who would provide us with a strong third line presence, if nothing else. I think he's another one of those Hartnell-type guys that every team needs. If Snow came to me with that offer, I would have a very hard time looking the other way.

If they offered to take some spare parts off our hands (particularly De Vries and/or Ortmeyer) in addition to that, I'd pull the trigger without hesitation.
I think if you do get the 5th pick, you might go defenseman to replace what you trade away (as you say).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Having two first round picks is nice.

But, I'm more concerend as to how we are ever going to win a playoff series. Do we wait 4+ years, and hope one of these picks from the 2008 draft puts us over the top? Or, do we use these assests (among others) to peddle some players right now that better our roster? I vote for the later.

Bring in Jokinen.
This is my concern as well. If we trade Suter for draft picks, we are weakening our blueline. With the large contracts we have handed out, we should be trying to win now. If this isn't purely for salary means, then we are making the wrong decision.