View Single Post
Old
05-27-2008, 08:47 AM
anarmandaleb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I think the Preds and Stars play against the Wings alot, probably helps equalize things a bit. I was thinking last night that the CH weren't in the group at the top of the west, couldn't compete in a 7 game series with 2 or 3 of those teams, while in the east, I really felt that only Pittsburgh was better.

I think the Wings really benefit from an org. philosophy and structured coiaching. You can see the Bowman influence where certain players have a clear role and understand it. Guys like Drake are useless if you don't have adequate top line offense. When you do, the Drake's and Draper's can concentrate on winning shifts,battles, they have no pressure to make the nice play, just reduce every shift to a puck battle.
You know, I can't remember who the CBC was interviewing after the game (might have been Draper or Stuart maybe?) who said "it's just a matter of always knowing where your teammates are" and I would also add, "what they do best" because they look extremely prepared no matter who's got the puck and where on the ice they are. It's not just a matter of taking possession of the puck you have to know which teamate to pass it to given where the Pens are at.
The Penguins? I'll let Bob Cole answer this: "and another blind pass from [insert Penguin of your choice here]."