View Single Post
Old
05-27-2008, 12:46 PM
buddahsmoka1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I was trying to put my finger on it watching last night but I didn't quite get it. Detroit plays a very patient style moiving the puck, helped obviously by guys that have the vision and skill to make little 'leaves' or 'chips' . They don't seem to play with an urgency though. I see it esp. on the pp. Mtl and Pittsburgh play a similar style in that when they're offensive players have the puck, they agressively try and make something happen. Detroit seems to read openings and settle down, re-group and try it again, almost soccer like.

I don't know if I'm explaining it right but there's a patience to their game that doesn't always make them that fun to watch.
I agree, it is something to watch. Your point is magnified on the Samuelsson goal. So patient, Stuart makes a couple of moves and a couple d to d passes andthen draws two forwards and flips it to Franzen. Samuelsson is already streaking down the middle and Franzen calmly dishes him a pass and Sameulsson is gone. I mean it looked like nothing, but effectively they were being patient and slowly drawing the pens team up the ice andthen they striked with perfect timing and accuracy. Haha, it is totally playing with the Pens' heads too, because they are so impatient and fustrated that they are getting off their game.