View Single Post
Old
05-27-2008, 02:05 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
I agree, it maybe impossible to move Mason. The only hope is that we package him and a draft pick (3rd-4th rounder?) for "future considerations." Either that, or trade him for another severly overpiced player, like Michael Handzus or something.
No thanks. We'd save money by keeping Mason over doing that.

Quote:
If they can't find a suitor for him, Poile needs to consider biting the bullet and buying him out. He will still be counting 1m against our cap for the next 4 years (ouch), but atleast we'll likely have better goaltending (Ellis), and still have our potential "goaltender of the future."
In 2 years a $1M cap hit won't be anything major. It really isn't now. I would take that.

Quote:
Last option is to wavie him and hope someone claims him on re-entry. We'd be on the hook for half his salary (1.5m) over 2 years. This is slightly cheaper (1 million), and we'd only have to worry about the cap hit for 2 years, instead of 4. But, when is the earliest we can wavie and re-call a player? If not before July 1, it may hurt the Ellis negoiation.
I recall Samsonov being placed on waivers and re-entry waivers in June before he was traded.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote