View Single Post
Old
05-27-2008, 03:57 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotRock View Post
maybe, witht he emergence of the khl, its time to change the salary cap system to allow teams with deep pockets to spend? i'm thinking somehting like what baseball has....luxury tax and revenue sharing. if you're the nhl, would you rather a small market lose a big star to russia or to a bigger nhl market? a luxury tax spread around to smaller market teams doesn't seem like a bad idea. the cap ceiling at 55 mil is perfect...but if a team like the rangers, toronto, montreal, philly etc want to exceed that, they should be allowed to, for the benefit of the league, with a dollar for dollar luxury tax. it makes sense to me and i think most fans in smaller markets would agree with me. you'd rather see the big superstar come back to your town with a big market team than watch videos of him on youtube with a yaroslavl jersey on, right?

thoughts?

Yeah but if big market teams are allowed to exceed the cap then small market teams wont be able to hold on to their star player. The big market teams would be no bette rthan the KHL

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote