View Single Post
Old
05-28-2008, 05:02 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
My thinking is the best option to fill the left wing vacancy is already on this team Chris Drury. Holik replaces Drury's faceoff skills, adds much needed grit up front and is a center that can match up against top centers in the East such as Crosby, Malkin, Richards, Spezza, Carter and Backstrom. You know, the way he should have been used in the first place.

Moving Drury to the wing makes sure that Holik does not take minutes away from the "promising homegrown prospect coming off an excellent rookie season".

It's an option rather than going out and overpaying for an under whelming crop of UFA wings. Mock it if you like, but I think there is at least a modicum method to my madness.
Drury hasn't played wing since his rookie season with Colorado and said that he really didn't feel comfortable there the time it was tried when he was slumping. I see no reason to play yet another player out of position--and one who is one of the better two way centers in the league--to bring back someone who *****ed and moaned through his first tenure here and couldn't even come to training camp in decent shape.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote