View Single Post
Old
05-29-2008, 10:10 AM
Georgia Panther

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Race against NINE View Post
GP, GR's blog entry makes it very plain that it is his own speculation - not anything he's learned from Panthers' brass - that there will be buyouts in order to get these guys on the team. Since when is George Richards the team's GM? No offense meant to him, but his speculation isn't much of a step above that of any of us on this board. Weren't you contending these prospects wouldn't even get signed prior to this? Even I was nervous as the deadline approached, but it proved to be completely unfounded.
Well, in my post, I said "GR thinks", which means it was his speculation, not fact. The only reason I thought it note worthy is a lot of people say they don't believe something unless GR writes it, not one of the other writers, so that would carry extra weight with some people. And I never thought any of the unsigned prospects wouldn't get signed. The only signing I have said I have concerns about is Bouwmeester and that concern isn't because of the willingness of the Cats to spend the money but if Bouwmeester wants to remain with the franchise. If it comes down to money, I have no doubt that Bouw will remain a Panther.