Thread: Radulov?
View Single Post
Old
05-26-2004, 01:52 PM
Larry Melnyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR
At first, I denunciated Radulov, seeing as he has though outstanding skill he can be awfully complacent, and seemingly lazy, as most young Russian players look. His case reminds me SO much of Valeri Kamensky (I really feel for Val) that it makes me nervous... yet, there's that substantial likelihood he won't, in fact, struggle to produce like Kamensky did. Overall, I think it's worth the risk... All the above applies to Schremp as well.

Thelen -- if he is the BPA at 6, I sasy go with him... but, I hope it doesn't come to that. Some say our DF prospect depth is overrated, I really disagree and I think we really need a franchise forward to be the staple of the system.
I've been a Radulov backer from the get-go, but I totally understand the counter arguements and the high probability that he won't be a Ranger pick....Still, I'm just curious, where have you read about or seen Radulov being complacent and lazy? I've heard his problem is that he often thinks his way is the right way and occasionally resists coaching but on the ice gives 100% on both ends of the ice (Unlike Schremp! )...And that' what I saw in the few U-18 games

I like THELEN alot also...As much as Ladd or Tukonen...What he did in the NCAAs for MSU as the 3rd youngest player in Division I Hockey was simply amazing...And he will get better and better, and even bigger....