View Single Post
Old
05-29-2008, 01:20 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaebriel View Post
You're making 'a priori' assumptions, not analysis. Anecdotal evidence tainted by confirmation bias is not sufficient to prove your point. I'm not trying to be an ass, I'm just making a point.

I guess you could try and do a statistical analysis of all players who spent their first pro year in the AHL and their second in the NHL and contrast them with players who spent no time in the AHL, however even that would be prone to error because you would naturally expect players who spend no time in the AHL to be more talented. The whole idea of a prospect being 'ruined by being rushed' assumes that time spent in the AHL affects a player's talent. I would think that to make that statement you would have to prove that it's not the other way around; that a player's talent is a predictor of time spent in the AHL.
If I am making an assumption then so are you. Where are your statistics that proves the players that are brought up right away won't hurt their development??? I guess we both can't prove a thing. Oh, And if a player didn't need to develop a bit before being brought up to the big club why even have minor leagues? For bust players. Players need developing, some just need more time then others. My point, if you bring someone up to soon it will hurt his development.