View Single Post
Old
05-29-2008, 04:42 PM
CanadianPantherFan
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Race against NINE View Post
Are you trying to make the argument that Taticek and Stewart should have gone straight to the NHL?

The minor leagues is where young players can learn what it takes to play as pros without compromising the talent of their NHL team - only rare talents are able to make the leap from amateur ranks to the top pro ranks. Others need time to develop their game at the minor league level. Stewart has been hampered by injuries and the apparent inability to realize he has to earn his place - yet he still had a decent season, even if not outstanding, in Rochester this season. Taticek was just a bad draft pick.
Stewart- AHL. , yes that was a good choice but he might have been a bad example to use

Taticek was drafted right around top 10 if I'm not mistaken. AHL. did him no good. AHL. is not the cure-all. Put one of Frolik/Matthias on the big club out of camp next year....then tell me in Dec. if you like the move or not. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. We are one of the weakest teams in the league with our top six forward depth, why not inject youth to that top line