View Single Post
Old
05-29-2008, 06:50 PM
took420s

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ar-too View Post
I agree with this.

All this does is deflect attention from the root problem: horrific officiating. The NBA has terrible officials and a terrible problem with lack of replay. NBA officials miss or make incorrect calls significantly more than the other leagues and it's because they keep these old guys who can't keep up around instead of replacing them.

Exactly...This is letting the officials off the hook for calling blatant flops as fouls. I do not even want to single any player/team out because they all do it to an extent.

Take the big Barry/Fisher collision the other night...The same analysts who decry flops were saying that Barry did not "sell" the foul enough. They said he should have hit the deck once Fisher came down on him!!!

The refs are at the root of this problem...they fall for the flops which in turn perpetuates flopping more. Fix the refs and the flops will stop. I gurantee you the "known" floppers will change their ways once they cost their team a few buckets cuz they hit the ground flopping instead of playing real D.

took420s is offline   Reply With Quote