View Single Post
Old
05-30-2008, 04:46 AM
Rayne*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Beliveau View Post
This is the guy that can lead us to the promised land once again.
He can, but we're 1 or 2 good moves away from getting a cup anyways, such as a gritty scoring winger (Rolston).

Quote:
We NEED a French Canadian superstar in Montreal again.
Big load. I'm not French Canadian so maybe I shouldn't voice my opinion about a delicate topic, but Montreal doesn't NEED a French Canadian. I couldn't give a rat's ass where a player is FROM, as long as he likes playing for the Habs and wants to win a cup with us.

Quote:
I say free agency is the only possible way at this point. Feaster would obviously ask for the moon in return and we would be no further ahead than we are today.
The one remotely smart thing you've said so far.

Quote:
How about a 12 year 120 million dollar contract offer.
Great idea! Let's destroy our cap space on ONE player. That seems to be working well for other teams that have attempted the same, such as Tampa Bay. Oh wait...

Quote:
Gainey has to make it happen and must not take no for an answer. We need to show Vinny that we're building a championship calibre team and that he will be the focal point and team captain.
We are building a championship team, but if we blow 10 million a year for 12 years on Lecavalier, we're back to being mediocre, since we won't be able to keep a good chunk of our core, such as Komisarek, Markov, Plekanec, etc. Oh, and Koivu will be team captain until he retires. Sorry to disappoint you.

Quote:
Since Guy Lafleur we have been waiting. How much longer are we expected to wait.
Another 5, 10, 20, 30 years for another local superstar.
Again, irrelevant. The importance of having a French Canadian leading the Habs to glory is overblown. If a guy can make the Habs succeed, it shouldn't matter one god damn where he's from.

Quote:
Vinny, the time has come for you to come back to your hometown and claim your rightful place with La Sainte-Flanelle.
I'm sure Vinny's in a huge hurry to avoid the hellhole of hot women in bikinis year round and no taxes to be under the watchful eye of the relentless Montreal media while giving up half his pay to taxes.

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote