View Single Post
Old
05-30-2008, 12:34 PM
39ontheline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
I agree. Our team is managed differently than we were in the past. If they are going to make the team, it's because they earned the spot, not because they were given it. Hell, both of them making the team is a great problem for us because that means they must have really impressed.
I dont think anyone was "given" a spot in the past. The kids that were playing in the NHL were better than the guys already here and lest we forget weiss at one time was sent back to juniors. Also as a random aside, I love how people post here saying that the AHL would have helped guys like olesz,horton, bouwmeester.... All of them are productive NHL players, Bouwmeester is a franchise player, Horton has scored 30 goals twice I believe and olesz is playing to his potential as a plus defender with limited offensive upside. This isnt EHM, players dont magically become better just by playing on the farm. I dont like horton's laziness would have been solved in the AHL or Olesz would magically learn to score. Bouwmeester is fine as is so what would the point of the AHL have been?

Sorry for the rant.

Last edited by Acadmus: 05-31-2008 at 03:34 AM. Reason: removing broad flame