View Single Post
Old
05-30-2008, 01:58 PM
CoolburnIsGone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haj View Post
This is why we have training camp. If Frolik and Matthias perform well, they make the team. If they don't, back to the AHL. Simple.
Which is what you should come to expect. But that may not be a possibility for one particular reason:

If they plan on buying out anyone currently with a contract, that must be done within a small window starting in a few days IIRC (June 1st till June 15th). So they may have to make a commitment to one of them making the roster if they do buy out contracts of guys like Stumpel, Peltonen, Kilger, Dvorak, etc. With the team already using one of its 3 available buyouts before the CBA is renewed (on Sean Hill), they may be reluctant to use more than 1 of those also (at least the way I understand the way the CBA reads but I could be wrong).

Still, I'm not sure there are enough spots at this point to say they'll make the roster without several moves being made (buyouts, waivers, and trades). So it may be a moot point even if they play well enough to make the big club.