View Single Post
Old
05-31-2008, 10:01 AM
Blades 0f Steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwey View Post
Maybe the kid should be seen as being a very intelligent kid rather than a problem child. Maybe he looked closely at the Phoenix organization & didn't like what he saw??? Maybe he felt going to a better organizeted franchise would be the better route to developing into a true NHl player. Apparently he knew or knows that many who take this path rarely move up the pay scale of prospects or depth of the organization they are to be signed by. Maybe he felt that a season or two in the AHL would better prepare him for his NHL career rather than just jumping head first into the Phoenix mess on the ice.

I'm thinking this kid is probably a heck of a lot smarter than most are giving him credit for.
While I don't know about how smart he is(he did pass up the bigger signing bonus+more money from the old CBA), but he's determined to map his own course. What I don't like is the fact that he's privileged enough to get a scholarship, be drafted and mentored by an NHL franchise for 4 years, gets a chance to live his dream and he still plays the "I want to be in full control of my destiny" card. It's not like he was drafted by the Ballard era Leafs.

Now it's within the realm of possibility that he actually signs in Europe or Russia...or pursues a different career altogether for whatever reason. That's noble, I can respect that, but if he signs with Minnesota I'll know he's a spoiled brat.

My guess is he signs with Minny or Pittsburgh.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote