View Single Post
Old
05-31-2008, 01:22 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikizaz View Post
I've been pondering a few trades and one i would like to see would be with the Vancouver Canucks.

Ohlund

for

Higgins
Pacoriety.

having a top four of Markov-Komisarek and Ohlund and Hamrlik would be terrific, although losing Higgins would be a shame... i guess that is what Hossa would replace.

The other one i thought of was

A. Kost
S. Kost

for Marian Gaborik or other superstar.
No, we do not, nor do we trade for Mattias Ohlund. If Mattias Norstrom isn't going to retire and we can get him kinda cheap, then I'd get him over Ohlund.

Also, this draft is key, boys. Key. Draft picks, especially high ones could cost us the loss of potentially good players.

IMO, we should look at Brad Stuart, possibly Marian Hossa and Mats Sundin. Along with Stephane Yelle, like someone said before.

As for trading rights, why not Stoll?

Other possibilities:

Pascal Dupuis - He's a fiesty little guy who can kill penalties and chip in on the 3rd line.

Micheal Rozsival - A guy who came out this year for the Rangers and played solid defensively and offensively, but could have done so because it was his contract year.

Jay Pandolfo - Great enthusiasm, can kill penalties too and can play solid defensively.

Jason Smith - Will more than likely be signed by Philly, if he already hasn't, but he's a great leader, a great stay at home defenseman, always willing to block shots and knows what it takes to win in the playoffs, as he's does it every game in the regular season and then in the playoffs. He and Hammer could be a potentially great shutdown pair.

John-Micheal Liles would only help our offense. He's alright defensively, so he'd replace Streit, but they'd probably cost about the same.

One of the things we need for sure is someone to go to the front of the net on the powerplays and even in 5 on 5. Maybe Lats can fill that spot, who knows.

We also need players capable of doing a good job shutting players down. The line combo of Higgins, Chipchura and Begin/Kostop/UFA looks good and like it can do it with some offensive upside.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote