View Single Post
Old
05-31-2008, 06:58 PM
God Bless Canada

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Lander View Post
We will find the publsiher when we are ready.

It is a long journey and we will explore the various avenues to get it published. If we make money great and if we don't I am sure the losses will be just lost time and we all loose time anyways here on the web

Offcourse we would like to have you as a key contributer
It's not just finding one when you are ready. It's a lot of hard work to find a publisher. It takes time. You have to have a manuscript ready, you have to have a cover letter. These publishing companies get thousands of book requests each year from people who think they have a great story idea. Few get beyond the cover letter stage. Even fewer get printed.

And it's not just time invested into writing a book. Comparing the process of writing a book to spending time on-line, or even time participating in an ATD, is nonsense. When you write a book, you're investing yourself into it. You're putting all sorts of emotion into it.

I don't want to sound too harsh on the idea, because I think there are some merits to it. But before I sign up and say "let's do it," I want to make sure you guys know what you're getting yourself into. If you don't, I don't want to be a part of it.

Incidentally, here's the Instabook website: http://www.instabook.net

I believe Gare Joyce is now a poster here. He wrote the magnificent When the Lights Went Out - a look back on the epic Punch-Up at Piestany - the Canada/USSR brawl of 87. You might want to PM him and ask him for advice.

God Bless Canada is offline   Reply With Quote