View Single Post
Old
06-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Richards eats souls*

vCash: 500
Quote:
"There is an awful lot to like about Jason Smith," Flyers coach John Stevens said Wednesday after meeting with 24 of his players in 10-minute intervals. "He brought an identity back to our team.

"Whether he comes back or not is going to come down to economics."

Smith found plenty of support in the Flyers' locker room, where his teammates are still in awe of his heroic playoff run.

"I cannot say enough good things about him," said Mike Richards, the popular choice as Smith's successor as captain. "I would love to play with him again and I would love for him to be on my team, because I definitely don't want to play against him. I really, really hope that he's back."

Carter said he has never witnessed a playoff performance like the one Smith showed over the past six weeks, wearing ice bags on each shoulder to allow him to play every playoff game.

"When Gator was in Edmonton we heard the stories about how he'd play through everything," Carter said. "But we see it first-hand. The guy's chest was all swelled up. I don't know how he did it."

"You have to see it, because you're never going to hear him complain about it," Richards said. "When your captain is playing through what he did, you can't help but be inspired. You might have a sore shoulder and you look at him and it goes away."

Richards said he hopes the Flyers do not make major changes to the current roster, saying he believes the Flyers can challenge for the Stanley Cup next season with just a few tweaks.
http://www.courierpostonline.com/app.../1017/sports04

I think I'd rather keep Smith and force Hatcher into retirement.

Richards eats souls* is offline   Reply With Quote