View Single Post
Old
05-27-2004, 08:26 AM
Catala

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Catala
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice
My point still stands. If we do not sign Kovolev, it means we gave away a top prospect and a second round draft pick to have Kovolev on our team for a month and some days. IMHO, I don't think you build Stanley Cup winners that way.
I will bring to you several points on which you may or not agree:

kovalev if not signed,

1/ Bob Gainey is the GM, he knows what he is doing and is always right ! (add to that the advices of an expert when it comes to prospects in Andre Savard)
2/ still made the team earned Millions of dollars only by reaching the second round.
3/ Made me enjoy beating the bruins once again.
4/ We can still sign him, so we didn't give AWAY anything yet.
5/ Balej as yet to prove himself at the NHL level even if his offensive skills are promising.
6/ This is a business, you make as much money as you can if you can.
7/ if you don't agree with the last point, We have numerous Balej's type of prospects... We can afford losing 1 of them IMO if it allows the busine... heu the team to make some more millions out of it.(then makes Mr Gillet happy, then makes Mr Gillet to open his wallet seeing his money is having an impact, then makes me happy to see a Big player in MTL, Kovalev or not, Then makes Koivu happy to finaly play with a winger he deserved for so long, then improves our chances to play better then make you all happy.)
8/ if you don't agree with points 2-3-4-5-6-7, refer to #1.