View Single Post
Old
06-02-2008, 06:17 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Glen Sather's views on Jagr and Avery

Sather plans on having more substantial talks with Jagr and Avery camps when he returns to New York.He was at the draft camp in TO last week and is currently attending the NHL GM meetings in Detroit.

Quote:
Sather reiterated his personal affection for Jagr and desire to re-sign him. But he said he has not been told what Jagr was offered by Avangard-Omsk of the Russian Super League and hasn’t spoken with Jagr since their exit interview on break-up day four weeks ago.

“It’s clear he’s a good player,” Sather said of Jagr. “It’s clear that we like him. And it’s clear that we’d like to have him back also.

“There are so many other free agents that are going to be available. But if you have the option of getting Jaromir the way he played at the end of the year and in the playoffs, he was a pretty dangerous hockey player. And we could wind up with no one.

“So you’ve got to be careful.

“I like him. He’s a good guy. He’s been respectful to me and done whatever I’ve asked him. He’s been very good
.”
Quote:
Clearly, a difference of opinion still exists between what Sather believes Avery is worth and what Avery believes he is worth. As for whether he is concerned that the abrasive Avery could be wearing out his welcome in the Rangers’ dressing room after two seasons, Sather laughed and replied: “The Avery Factor?

“He’s an interesting guy and that’s going to be an interesting one.

“I respect Sean as a player. I think he’s a dynamic asset to any organization. Just to let him go into free agency is a mistake. But on the other hand, you have to make sure that when you sign anybody you’re not making a mistake for the rest of the team.

“I’m going to try to get him signed. But there is a limit
.”
Sean is going have to give up his visions of getting Scott Hartnell $$$ if he wants to stay in Manhattan.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ran...-gm-meeti.html

Sounds like both players are no better than 50/50 on staying with the Rangers

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote