View Single Post
Old
05-27-2004, 12:14 PM
Marchy79

vCash: 500
I love what the preview stated about the habs in the Ready To Step In catergory...

Basically says that Hainsey should be able to ease the loss of any defenceman this summer...
He improved his shortcomings, and became MORE WILLING TO PAY THE PRICE

At 6-3 211lbs, Montreal loves size, puck-moving ability, and shot from the point.

From the sounds of this glowing report, It looks like we got a very excellent defenceman in the wings, who has buckled down and is ready to become a major part of the squad. This is what I saw from the Ron Hainsey this year in the Hamilton games I saw as well... He really did look like he cared about his game when playing (and had a major chip on his shoulder for 2 of the games )... People talk about not being all that impressed with the kid, but I think he's there, at that level where he's going to make a good impact to the squad next year...

Frankie Bubble's will be in tight for sure next year, and to be frank, it will be a delight to see a third big guy on the Left side, who will not be beaten down low, and plays with a bit of an edge to his game (Hainsey's confidence does not allow him to be very forgiving when he gets beaten)... Who IMO is the only defenceman (outside of bubbles) who has true puck-carrying speed... What a difference he will make when he impacts completely. I am very much looking forward to that