Old
06-03-2008, 09:10 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
I agree about knuble but I dont think that briere can play center like i said before so in my mind we are going to need another center to play the third line. I was also assuming that we would have both hatcher and kapanens money to spend, which would put us about 13 million under the cap according to this web sites salary cap figures.
As much as he might be a defensive liability he has made a pretty damn good career for himself and the majority was him playing Center. Buffalo also had drury so its not like they didnt have any other decent centers and he was forced into the position. Something about him in the middle must be attractive to coaches, most likely the fact that the puck is on his stick more often which is when he is most dangerous.

We do have Kappys money to spend but If we have Hatch retire its highly unlikely he will make that decision by July 1. He will most likely take it easy all summer and come late august sometime when he starts working out harder he will decide if the knees are going to be good enough to hold up. If he doesnt decide to retire it wil most likely be after they make a decision of what to do with a guy like umberger and they wont sign him hoping Hatch will retire because if he doesnt they are screwed. Im with you, i hope hatch retires and frees up some space but it also wouldnt be bad if they were forced to deal this summer with hatch on the payroll and if he does retire they will have 3 million to work with for trades during the season if things dont go right with guys like gagne. it will also give them the ability to sign a big name player come the trade deadline which is always a good thing.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote