Old
06-03-2008, 09:44 AM
ari1160

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Some news from JdM:
- Signing A.Kost is Gainey top priority

- Sundin may want to play for a Canadian team, because he has a lot of Canadian funds. According to the newspaper, if he plays in US, those funds will become taxable, and the rate may be as high as 50%. It doesn't mention the kind of funds.
- Sundin and his agent seem to ask for $7M/year
- Jagr is actually in Mexico, waiting for an offer from NYR, but it may not come
- Hossa wants to stay in Pittsburgh. As opposed to rumors, Pitts also want to retain his services. They may get rid of Sydor, Roberts, and even Malone. [it sounds very logic that Penguins need a good winger]

- GMs are meeting to analyze two new rule proposals: fight instigator and a rule that forces a face-off in the penalized team zone [I like this one]. The rule may be tested in AHL first.

Any comment ?
the Rangers organization said after they were out of the playoffs that they want Jagr back for sure and will do almost anything to resign him so dont know if things changed or not.
and if pens sing Hossa they will be in the same position tampa was with in few years i guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb_Rafter View Post
What will we do with Plekanec or Koivu if we sign Sundin? Put Pleks on the third line?
in order for both player to have a good year, one of them has to play on RW or LW. rather have plek in center i guess because he is faster now, so that helps offense / defence i guess.

ari1160 is offline   Reply With Quote