View Single Post
Old
06-03-2008, 01:55 PM
94now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
Fedotenko is not especially talented. He did have that nice playoff run with Tampa, although even in that year he managed only 2 assists over 22 playoff games.

Typical season for him is is low 30s in points, 10 - 15 goals (almost all of which are scored during his rare hot streaks). He simply doesn't have the ability to be a top six forward.

That said, if you visualize him as a physical third line winger, who could take shifts in the top six when injuries occur, then you've got yourself a reasonably valuable commodity.

I don't agree with those who think he lacks heart, btw. He has plenty of drive and heart - he just isn't very skilled.

I'd like to have him back because I believe that you can never have too many physical checking wingers on the roster.
His skating is impeccable. Stickhandling is not something you want from 3rd line wing, but he is streaky there. He hits well and offers good size. He is young and 3 million is what it cost to get a solid player. Are there better choices out there? Yes, may be.
I think Nolan gets rid of those who wont compliment his way of playing the game. It's OK. Unlike Nolan, Renney is comfortable with Euro players.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote