Thread: Grant Marshall
View Single Post
Old
05-27-2004, 04:38 PM
SuperUnknown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace2000
what the hell? do you guys want a youth movement or not? people complain and complain that we don't get enough youngsters in our lineup and now they want to push ward down to 4th line duty, replace either plekanec or higgins on the 3rd or 4th with laperriere....you guys are hopeless. :mad:
You still need vets that will inspire and teach the youth. Also, there's nothing wrong with having a kid line. The third line is a shutdown line, one that is there to tire the opponent. I don't think we have the youth to fill this line yet. Sure, Ward is a decent player, but is he really a foundation for the team? He's too often injured to ever become a core player imo, like Benoit Brunet.

I'm all for a youth movement, but not just any youth movement. For example, there's no way that Montreal can afford to have Koivu-Ribeiro-Plekanec down the middle, it's just too small. Also, Plekanec is more suited to become a 1st/2nd liner, so if we want him for the years to come we'll have to decide if he's going to replace Koivu or Ribeiro.

Also, Laperriere and Marshall aren't exactly top talent. If they are bumped to the 4th line, they still make a good 4th line (think Langdon-Laperriere-Marshall). At the same time, Laperriere and Marshall can be inserted on the top two lines sporadically for specific situations.

I wouldn't want to have a rookie as our shutdown center, it's too much pressure. Slowly bring them in by giving them those roles from time to time.