Old
06-04-2008, 12:39 AM
FutureGM97

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
I'd consider it.

Personally I think Shanahan has one more year in the tank, even as a third/fourth line player.

So long as the expectation isn't for him to score a lot and he isn't making a lot of money, I'd consider bringing him back as a player.

I know I'm clearly in the minority there, but that's okay with me.
he probably wouldn't make alot of money next year but i have a feeling it might be another contract with bonuses that would be tacked on to the cap the next year which i don't want to do again with him. He would be a good coach for the team. He has great knowledge of how hockey works and more importantly, this team. He is more qualified than any other person looking for an assistant coaching job because of his knowledge of this team and how they function. I feel he could run a very effective PP considering he was a great PP guy in his hay day and was good with the Rangers. Let a young guy take his spot. Shanny had a great career but at the end of the year, there were times where i just didn't want to see him on the ice and i hate to say that about him cuz he is a good player and a good guy but i think its time that he hung up the skates.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote