View Single Post
Old
06-04-2008, 07:55 AM
znk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
It depends on whether you believe that they overachieved this year, or whether their season is a sign of things to come. The positive thing for them is that they got some young guys that you would assume will take a step forward, but I still got some questions about julien. He had a great first year in montreal where youngsters like ribeiro and ryder emerged. The following season, the team struggled and julien was canned before the season ended although jose theodore didn't help him out all that much, but I dont really trust thomas/fernandez either.... maybe rask develops quickly... who knows

You say they "should" be near the top... I think that's a bit strong. They got a shot, but as of right now (yeah, its early), I consider them a playoff team between 5-7.
We were 8-0 against Boston, barely had an injury during the season, Kovalev played an amazing season and we still only managed to finish 10 points ahead of Boston. Montreal can be considered overachievers more then Boston. Everything clicked last season. If both teams play the same season as the last one but split the series Habs would end up with 96 points and Boston with 102.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote