Thread: Blocking Shots
View Single Post
06-04-2008, 09:03 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Stemps View Post
Cause that was called for? No need to be a jerk about it.
No I wasn't being a jerk about it, I was simply saying that if the way he teaches it caused people to be out of the play mentally and physically and take three or four seconds then he is teaching it wrong. You are a Blues fan go find some video of one of the best ever, Bob Plager, and tell me who is correct.

Originally Posted by hattrick15 View Post
Thats what is what I was taught, I think its much better. If you close the gap keep your legs closed and go straight on the shooter. It should hit your shin pads, and give you a chance for a breakaway, or the shooter will miss the need in an attempt to avoid the blocked shot.
Think about this: If you stand tall you have about six inches of shin pad for the puck to hit, plus the shooter only needs to adjust a few inches at most to miss you. If you lay down you go 20+ inches, plus have the entire torso and stick (if you do it correctly) added to the distance the shooter has to move to get around the block. So, you can use a small chance to block the shot to possibly get a breakaway or a large chance to block the shot and possibly get a breakaway. Which is my book having the best chance at preventing the shot getting through.

lemieux32* is offline   Reply With Quote