Thread: Grant Marshall
View Single Post
Old
05-27-2004, 07:10 PM
RichardZednik#20

vCash: 500
I see us going after a veteran 3rd line center for shuting down the other teams. We can't ask or expect Plekanec or Higgins to do that. Laperriere is the best option fallow by Sillinger and then I guess Dowd. Or go get Scatchard or Halpern in a trade.
That would leave someting along those lines:

Zednik-Koivu-Kovalev(PLEASE!!)
(ROOKIE-1)-Ribeiro-Ryder
Bulis-(UFA-2)-(ROOKIE-3)
Langdon-Begin-Ward

R-1: I expect to spot to Plekanec. I think Hossa will have is chance but I see him has a 3rd liner now. Kastsitsyn also but he is ready, wouldgive him all the chance and a long look. Don't think higgins is ready to handle an important offensive role yet.

?-2: I expect Laperriere, exact player we need(hart,grit,experience,good guy,can fight,protect teammates,leadership,energy guy, well respected,big, right handed,hit hard,fan favorite for sure...)Sillinger would be a good one also, Dowd also but he is older and less effective IMO. Scartchard would be the best but would cost ous good prospect same for Halpern.

R-3: I expect Hossa for the start of the season for his final chance in MTL. Higgins could have the spot but I think he could use one more season to devellope his gae in a more offensive role, and why not think about Kastsitsyn if he is really that good.

For the defence I would love for ous to sign Matvitchuk. He could work well with Markov or Brisebois. But would mean Brisebois our Bouillon out with no chance for Hainsey. Plus I don't think we have the money anyway.

Markov-Rivet
Souray-Komi
Matvitchuk-Brisebois OR

Matvitchuk-Markov
Souray-Komi
Hainsey/Bouillon-Rivet

That would be great but...