Old
05-27-2004, 07:51 PM
tinyzombies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Fan
a #1-2 can log 30 minutes + & be efficient : NOT THE CASE for Souray or Markov

Souray did not prove he is a #2 for 40 games that he played over his head IMO
Markov is a potential #2 but like my thread TODAY he's a #3 IMO, not enough efficient in his own zone & too risky for a #2.

Souray before this season was a borderline #4 & he got the hype of his all-star selection. Souray is the same kind of example of Keith Primeau today. Primeau is now a superstar who ''supposedly'' got steal a spot from Team Canada & 5 months ago people would have laugh if someone would have laugh if someone would have said Primeau ROCK !!!!
I like that you're being conservative about it, but I think Souray's play dropped because of injury and that he can perform just as well as he did in the first half this year.

I also like Markov's upside and thought he played like a "dynamo" in the playoffs. He made one glaring blind pass that I remember, but other than that, was rock solid. So was Rivet as his partner.

Souray can play 25 minutes and put up numbers, no question. Especially if they sign Kovalev and expand the offense and the power play.

Hockey people have known that Souray has had top level speed and shot for a long time. Look at the amount of games he was able to get into in Jersey as a kid, with THAT defense. It's not too much of a surprise that he has raised his game to this level, other than his unexpected recovery from wrist problems.

Anyway, if it's halfway between what we both expect, Montreal will be in good shape.