View Single Post
Old
06-04-2008, 08:57 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469 View Post
the ONLY place i heard this idea brought up is on message boards by crazy fans that think renney will be fired, despite being one of the most successful coaches in franchise history (yeah its a pretty pathetic history) because he doesn't scream like a lunatic and throw stuff

my guess is that the reason dellapina stuck this in his blog instead of making it an article is because 'making the rounds' means a bunch of fans emailed him asking, NOT that there were legit sources talking about it.

renney is going nowhere anytime soon...ron lowe missed the playoffs 3 straight years before he got fired, not a chance in hell sather/dolan fire renney after MAKING the playoffs 3 years in a row. that might not seem like a big deal (and oh how fast we forget 98-04) but for this franchise it IS. and when the rangers make the playoffs next year, renney will be only the 2nd coach in franchise history to make the playoffs each of his 1st 4 seasons behind the bench (the other was lester patrick back in the 20s). rational people that use logic, don't fire a guy like that
A bit presumptuous don't you think?

These rumors don't surprise me at all. The only way I see Renney not coaching next season is if HE doesn't want to. Other than that, Renney is going nowhere.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote