View Single Post
Old
06-05-2008, 08:16 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
i agree with what your saying...i am just sick of seeing all of the money go to the forwards.....i would rather let korpioski play on the second line next year or let callahan or sjostrom play there and throw that money at a guy like orpik

i still like

staal-redden
girardi-orpik
tyutin-smith

with backman's salary you could most likely sign smith....i dont think he will get more than 2.3....and mara, malik, roszival pay for more than redden....and then shanny's salary pays for orpik with the leftover from redden and you have your three.....

i know it isnt likely, i just think those three signings solve a lot of problems of the team as the forwards wouldnt have to go as far back due to the break-out passes....other teams forwards wouldnt be able to hold the puck near the goal or down low as long with the added muscle and grit....and the pp would get better all of which would cause more goals.....

plus the fact that the defense would get A LOT better than anything the rangers have had since before the lockout
I really don't see the Rangers signing three UFA D-men this off-season. I think it's more likely they'll pursue one top-tier D-man, (be it Redden, Campbell or re-signing Rozsival), and then either make a push for Orpik, or try to re-sign Mara.

Again, putting a roster together in the salary cap era is a delicate balance. Personally, I believe bringing back Jagr and Avery are priority 1 and 1A. A quality D-man to play next to Staal should be next on the list. Then you start looking at trades to perhaps bring in another top six forward. And, at least 2-3 players from Hartford, (Korpikoski, Byers and Potter are the best candiates at this point, IMO), need to be integrated into the lineup.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote