View Single Post
Old
06-05-2008, 11:16 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I agree, SBOB. I also feel we are moving in that direction as team. Dubi, Gomez and Drury are very solid defensive players, as is Avery (generally). Many of our prospects are great two-way players as well. Anisimov, Korpikoski and Bourret are all shaping up to be solid two-way players.

I do, however, feel that our defense is the weakest link in our defensive system. There is something to be said when a guy can step in for his rookie campaign and be the best blue-liner in your squad by the end of the year. Not to take anything away from Staal, I feel he is going to be one of the leagues top d-men in years to come, but our blue-line falls short of most cup contenders by a considerable margin.
i agree on staal...he was very good, however looking around at most teams they are deeper and have better top-end defenseman then the rangers do...i have said it before, i think getting a puck mover on the first pairing will make a HUGE difference in not only the defense but also the offense as the forwards can break sooner to go on offense.....also, i think they need to get a solid 2nd or 3rd pairing defenseman that can hit and clear the crease as opposing players were allowed to set-up shop in front of the goal last year and that hurt hank's stats and the teams record

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote