View Single Post
Old
06-05-2008, 01:18 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan30 View Post
i am afraid to say nothing can be guarenteed. the whole point in my post as i stated was Drury's contract i did say i liked him BUT it does stop us from addressing other needs.
you pointed out the fact that the rangers needed a scoring winger...BAM!! drury is moved to wing and you have a goal-scoring winger.....drury can play in pretty much any role on forward...i understand drury got a 7 million dollar contract and that in an ideal world he wouldve gotten 5-6 million.......people thinking teams wouldnt want to trade for drury are INSANE!!...any team who wants to win the cup would do that deal in a heartbeat.....he and gomez should be playing together on the same line and dubinsky should be the second line center, and anisimov should be the third or vice versa....if people think getting a winger who is good defensively, can play center and play well, be a leader, score big goals and play through anything is going to come for anything worth less than 6 million isnt thinking clearly....i understand he is overpaid, but in order to replace everything he is, the rangers would have to spend about that anyways

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote