View Single Post
Old
06-05-2008, 02:31 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
you pointed out the fact that the rangers needed a scoring winger...BAM!! drury is moved to wing and you have a goal-scoring winger.....drury can play in pretty much any role on forward...i understand drury got a 7 million dollar contract and that in an ideal world he wouldve gotten 5-6 million.......people thinking teams wouldnt want to trade for drury are INSANE!!...any team who wants to win the cup would do that deal in a heartbeat.....he and gomez should be playing together on the same line and dubinsky should be the second line center, and anisimov should be the third or vice versa....if people think getting a winger who is good defensively, can play center and play well, be a leader, score big goals and play through anything is going to come for anything worth less than 6 million isnt thinking clearly....i understand he is overpaid, but in order to replace everything he is, the rangers would have to spend about that anyways
I love Drury, but he isn't the goal scoring winger we're looking for for Gomez.

And why would we be looking for a winger who is good defensively and can play center?

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote