View Single Post
Old
06-06-2008, 09:17 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Norstrom is too old now Vitto--likewise on Barnes. Both are on the decline. If I were targeting UFA's I would be much more inclined to find players on the front end age-wise of free agency rather than the back end. Someone like Detroit's Stuart or the Penguin's Orpik would be interesting to me though I don't know whether we'll have enough money to grab more than one vet d-man. When a player has hit the 35 year old threshold you take his cap hit regardless of whether even you wind up sending him to the minors. To go further with Barnes--he is too small and the Rangers need badly to get bigger forwards.

On Jagr--he has said he plans to go back to the Czech Rep. in two years. If he is willing to sign with the Rangers for one year that might be the best of worlds for us--we can decide whether or not a year from now whether to sign him again for a year or take a run at LeCavalier if he is still available. Next year and the year after look much better for UFA's. In the meantime Jagr and Dubi keep working together.
Can we please stop with the Lecavalier talk? I've seen his name pop up in a bunch of threads lately and there is no point in having him on this team. Do we really need to spend 24 million on 3 centers when we have no legitimate threat on the wings?

Not to mention we'd never be able to afford it. Add Hank's salary to that and we've got 30 mil wrapped up in 4 guys. Smart.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote